Friday, January 30, 2004

Atom Feed

Blogger has added an Atom XML-based feed option, so I have decided to try it! I've placed the link to the feed in the blog related frame in the right-hand column of the blog. So, if you use a news aggregator that supports the Atom Syndication Format, go ahead and try it out!

I'm not sure how many aggregators support Atom just yet, as opposed to RSS, which seems pretty popular. From what I understand now, I guess Atom is supposed to be cleaner, more flexible, and easier to process than RSS, although I don't completely understand all of the reasons why just yet. This blog from last month explains a bit of the history of RSS and Atom. Though Atom is somewhat of a product of evolution from RSS, it is expected that the two will coexist for sometime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails