Friday, October 17, 2003

Many things...

Many things going on this week. A woman was legally murdered in Florida. Our beloved Pope celebrates 25 years. Quite a contrast. Read his apostolic exhortation Pastores Gregis.

Thank God for the Holy Father. He is the only pope I have ever known. Well, I was born in June, 1978, and he walked into my life in October, so as far as I can remember, it's true. Most of my memory of him comes from well before I entered the Church, and I find that funny. I remember the young, energetic pope on television when I was a young child. I remembered him most of all because of his big hat. In all of those early years, I don't remember ever hearing him speak. Interesting what sticks with you. I now observe a different energy and enthusiasm in him. One that gives life to his speech, and in contrast to my early years, that is one thing that I will never forget.

We have a new governor-elect out here in California. Work has been busy and stable. We must keep praying...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails