Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Nuntii Latini - Recitatio Radiophonica

I want to blog briefly on a neat little resource if you are interested in hearing spoken Classical Latin. Nuntii Latini is a Finnish site where the news is broadcast each day in Classical Latin. Though Classical Latin is not what I am most familiar with simply because the Ecclesiastical Latin that I am studying tends to use some simplifications (like more use of prepositions, common to the romance languages to which classical latin gave birth), not to mention different pronunciations, I and others particularly like this site because it utilizes a rather neo-Latin vocabulary. What I mean by neo-Latin is that is a great source to hear modern terms and place names in Latin. For example, space shuttle is rendered navicula spatialis.

A transcript of the day's news is also available.

A fun time for the whole family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails