Saturday, May 10, 2003

Beautiful Ride!

This afternoon, I biked to downtown Santa Barbara and back from where I live - total approx. 25 miles, which is quite a big deal for me! I hadn't done this ride in almost 4 years, so after a few weeks of mild preparation, I figured I was ready to give it a go. The ride there was beautiful. You take a coastal route from the university down along the beach, through the prestigious Hope Ranch community, down through a secluded beach, and then down a fun hill to the Santa Barbara Harbor and Stearn's Wharf. One of the last times I did this, I saw dolphins frolicking in the nearby sea. And today, it was a beautiful, sunny day.

However, I quickly found out that I was not in as great of shape as I initially figured, but that's okay. I gave myself opportunies to rest, kept well hydrated, and enjoyed downtown while I was there.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails