Thursday, May 15, 2003

Fear and Trembling
Timor et tremor venerunt super me,
Fear and trembling have overcome me

et caligo cecidit super me.
and the shadows fall upon me

Miserere mei Domine miserere,
have mercy on me, Lord, have mercy

quoniam in te confidit anima mea.
for my soul confides in you.

Exaudi Deus deprecationem meam
Hear my plea, oh God

quia refugium meum es tu
for you are my refuge

et adjutor fortis Domine;
and you, O Lord, are my powerful aid

invocavi te non confundar.
I have called upon you, and I will not be confounded

in the garden of gethsemane...

Tristis est anima mea usque ad mortem:
my soul is sorrowful, even unto death

sustinete hic, et vigilate mecum:
remain here and watch with me

nunc videbitis turbam, quae circumdabit me.
soon you will see the crowd which will surround me

Vos fugam capietis, et ego vadam immolari pro vobis.
you will take flight, and I will go to be sacrificed for you

Ecce appropinquat hora et Filius hominis tradetur in manus peccatorum.
Behold the hour approaches when the Son of man will be handed over into the hand of sinners.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails