Monday, May 26, 2003

Busy Sunday

Spent the day in the cozy little town of San Luis Obispo with Christina. Started it off with the Divine Liturgy at St. Anne's Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic Church. Occasionally when I visit family in Santa Maria, I take a short trip up to St. Anne's, though it isn't often, and it had been several months since I had last been there. But I love the ancient Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom! And being able to participate in the divine liturgy has really given me an appreciation for the Eastern heritage of our Church.


Main Altar at St. Anne's

After mass at St. Anne's, we went to lunch at the infamous Tortilla Flats in SLO followed by bookstore ransacking! We then finally went to see X-Men 2 which I did enjoy. I thought it was clever, and I really liked what they did with the character of Nightcrawler. Got home in the evening to rest! SLO is a cozy college town nestled within the foothills of the central coast of california. I applied and was strongly considering attending nearby Cal Poly, but I chose UC Santa Barbara at literally the last minute. I do not regret choosing to go to school in Santa Barbara!

Enjoy your memorial day holiday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails