Wednesday, July 09, 2008

From Anne Rice: A Message to Fans

Writer Anne Rice addresses speculation about the Vampire Chronicles, the Mayfair Witches, and her recent series on Christ the Lord:



I remember reacting with skepticism when I learned that Anne Rice had re-embraced the Catholic Faith 10 years ago (which I learned many years after the fact). I think my reaction was quite premature and silly.

Her vampire works were not everybody's cup of tea, but I found Christian connections in some of her work, appearing nonetheless in a distorted universe (which she admits), that made it clear she was on a journey, a quest of sorts, that inevitably led her back to God. I, too, know what it's like to be human. I think it's wonderful that she has consecrated her gifts in service of Him as she grows and develops within this life in grace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails