Monday, May 22, 2006

Love One Another

From today's Gospel reading
This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
There is so much that can be said about this -- 2000 years, and of course, our recent encyclical! But on the basic level, you know, being the human being that I am, I sometimes think about how much of a challenge it is even to love those who get on my nerves. Grrr... But now I think of the little reflection (#174) from The Way, written by St. Josemaría Escrivá, founder of Opus Dei:
Don't say: 'That person gets on my nerves.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'
And suddenly things come into focus. God works in our everyday lives and in our ordinary relationships with everybody we know. Each and every one of our relationships has meaning. This one is worth a million. Thanks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails