Friday, February 03, 2006

Boycott the Blog Awards!!

I fear that I am the only stiffly stifferson who thinks that the Catholic Blog Awards are detrimental, since each blog has its own personality and set of readers. How can we possibly say that one is better (or best) than another? Blogs that I choose the read, others don't, and blogs that others choose to read, I don't. So it's little more than a popularity contest - Why succumb to the American "award culture"? If it's fun just to see if your favorite blog wins, what does that really say? Meanwhile, some blogs are accumulating 5 and 6 awards, I have to say, it seems a little rediculous...

So please, do not nominate me (assuming you had thought about it)... the last thing I need is an award for keeping my blog. I'm not in competition with anyone. I don't do it for ratings or awards, and I don't need an award to know that some readers enjoy reading me and other readers don't. And, if you do like reading my blog, of course I appreciate it and invite you to keep reading!

That's all I have to say about that...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails