Friday, September 09, 2005

Predominant Faults

I could easily relate to Fr. Jim Tucker's post on Predominant Faults. As one who tries to confess monthly, I believe that my spiritual life has been aided immensely from the graces of this sacrament and a regular examination of conscience. It has helped me become more aware, for example, of myself deeply, as well as my faults, including my predominant faults. But we must allow God's grace to work its sanctification. I am thankful that I can look at myself and say, "I'm a sinful man! Have mercy on me!" without stepping over into an unhealthy scrupulosity which can, of course, be dangerous to one's spiritual growth. God asks us for daily conversion of heart and mind with the help of His grace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails