Sunday, January 16, 2005

Danny and Armi

Fiat posts a link to the music video for I Wanna Love You Tender by Finnish pop stars Danny and Armi. Lots of fun to watch, and catchy lyrics; Obvious influence from Grease and Star Wars. Hmmm... My guess is that this was produced in 1978 when Danny and Armi were hugely popular (in Finland), and from what I understand, this song, sung in English, was one of their biggest hits. Here are the lyrics. Do people talk like this?
You love me, you wanna love me tender.
How can I be sure you're not pretender?
You want me today,
But what about tomorrow?

Oh, you're absolutely fine,
Your lips are taste of wine.
I'd like to think you're mine.
And if I could touch your hand,
This rock would turn to sand,
So this is where we stand.
Unfortunately, Armi died in 2002, but Danny is still alive and kickin'. Rock on!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails