Friday, February 13, 2004

Ready for a trip...

Next week, I am embarking on yet another business trip, as I mentioned a couple of months ago. I am flying to Houston, TX to speak at the Texas Instruments Developer's Conference.

I'm really looking forward to the conference; A lot of cutting-edge tech. I'm also looking forward to speaking and meeting the various TI internal and third-party developers. Plus, while I am in Houston, I'm going to stick around a few days and check the place out. Among the things I'd like to see are:

- Visit my buddy, Bill
- Johnson Space Center
- Mardi Gras in Galveston
- High Mass at Annunciation Catholic Church
- Anglican Use liturgy at Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Cedars Maronite Catholic Church

I'm a nut for liturgical history and a lover of ecclesiastical latin, but I have never been to a (Tridentine) high mass, only the low mass down in Ventura. And as it pertains to modern liturgical history, I have also been eagerly anticipating attending the approved Anglican Use liturgy for a couple years now. I have also never been to the Johnson Space Center (I wanted to be an astronaut in my former life), nor have I ever been to any Mardi Gras festivities. Bill informs me that the Galveston celebration is much more tame than New Orleans, which is another place that I'd love to visit someday.

Please pray that my trip goes well. I'll be back with plenty of pictures!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails