Sunday, September 14, 2003

Fr. Stan Fortuna

Fr. Stan Fortuna, one of the original friars of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in the Bronx and founder of Francesco Productions, will be giving a weekend series of conferences at my parish out here in Santa Barbara next weekend (Sept. 19-21) and will be celebrating masses throughout the weekend. I've heard about him through EWTN but don't know much more about him. He is dubbed the hip, rapper priest from the south bronx and our youth ministry is going absolutely crazy over his upcoming visit.

You can hear some of his music here. Very interesting. Do any of you know much about him? I am familiar with the Friars, especially with their founder, Fr. Benedict Groeschel, who came out to my hometown parish several years ago for a talk.

I'll most certainly blog about it after the weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails