Sunday, July 13, 2003

Catholicity in Liturgical Diversity

I really enjoyed Bill's post concerning catholicity. It's one of the reasons why I love this Church so much!
Today, the languages of liturgy are many. In the diocese of Galveston-Houston, masses are celebrated in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Polish, French, Czech, Igbo, and other languages. The Eastern Churches are well represented by Ukrainian, Ruthenian, Syro-Malabar, Maronite, and Syro-Malankara. There is an Anglican Use parish, where the Gospel is proclaimed and lived in the cadences of the olde King's English.
I'm still itching to see an Anglican Use liturgy! But the thing that I love the most is that in this catholicity there is also unity, not necessarily uniformity. Regardless of where I attend it, the mass is still the mass, and Jesus is still Jesus, and that I can receive Him into my being in His very Body and Blood is awesome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails