Monday, September 14, 2009

Byzantine Vespers at the Co-Cathedral

My wife and I attended Great Vespers for the Apodosis of the Nativity of the Theotokos at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Houston last Friday evening. The event was organized by the Eastern Catholic (Byzantine) communities of St. Basil's in Irving and St. John Chrysostom in Houston as part of the Call to Holiness Evangelization Conference. Bishop Nicholas, retired Auxiliary Bishop of the Melkite Greek Catholic Eparchy of the United States, was present, as was Cardinal DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston. I invited several people from the parish and local communities to attend as well. It was brilliant!

Byzantine, TX has posted some pictures. My wife and I are in one of them ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails