Friday, March 19, 2004

Gratias Tibi Ago, Domine

Spem in alium numquam habui praeter in te, Deus Israel, qui irasceris et propitius eris et omnia peccata hominum in tribulatione dimittis. Domine Deus, Creator caeli et terrae, respice humilitatem nostram.

I have never put my hope in any other but in you, God of Israel, who will be angry and yet become again gracious and who forgives all the sins of suffering man. Lord God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, look upon our lowliness.
Lent is coming along. I haven't had much trouble keeping my Lenten promise of reciting one of the penitential psalms for meditation each night, although my meditation on each psalm hasn't been too thorough. I suppose that is what I must continue to work on. My sins are ever before my God, and yet He washes away all of my iniquities. He makes His place in my secret heart; a pure and contrite heart He will not scorn. From the depths of my dark nights, I cry out to Him, and He graciously hears me. He rescues me from my enemies and delivers me into His stronghold. My spirit belongs to Him. There is a beauty to when Christ called out in a great voice from the Cross, "Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit." He gave up His spirit.

How about for you all?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails